My teaching philosophy is built upon my experience as a student and instructor:
- Teaching is an art. It is not a science.
- There is more that one correct answer. There is more that one way to achieve the correct answer.
- Parents and Administrators play an active role in the student's education.
- The role of the teacher is to guide, assist, discuss, suggest, and to mentor rather than to transfer mere information.
- Not all students can be reached. It is my job to try.
- The students come first.
- The teacher is a role model.
- Students have lessons that the teacher can and will learn from.
- All students regardless of sex, creed, national origin, economic background, physical handicap, and sexual orientation will have the opportunity to learn and succeed.
- There is NO "I can't", but there is "I will try."
- Learning is an evolving and continuing process for both the student and teacher.
- All students learn at an individual pace.
- One can learn through mistakes.
- Students are individuals and are to be treated as such; each one brings his or her own experiences with them, which directly effects their learning process.
- Math, Science, Language Arts are ever present in Theatre Education.
- Technology is a tool. Use it as such.
- Technology is here to stay.
Sample Lesson Plans
2018 - McCowan Middle Sch
"The Revenge of the Space Pandas"
2018 - McCowan Middle School
"The Wiz" directed by Catherine Luster